Non-Surgical Treatment Options for Restless Leg Syndrome
Available in Atlanta
Covered by Medicare & Medicaid*
Call Us Today For Your Free Consultation
At Atlanta Medical Clinic, we’ve helped many patients relieve symptoms of restless leg syndrome, leg pain, tired legs, cramping, swelling, fatigue, skin changes, trouble standing/sitting for long periods, heaviness in your legs and sores/wounds that are slow to heal.
Restless leg syndrome (RLS), which is also known as Willis-Ekbom disease, is a common condition that causes unpleasant sensations in the legs. People who suffer from RLS feel an uncontrollable urge to move their legs as a result of these uncomfortable feelings. The problem is once movement ceases, the feelings of discomfort resume. With as much as 10% of the U.S. population afflicted by RLS, the condition has been known to directly affect sleep quality, decreased productivity at work and even contributing to depression and anxiety.
What Causes Restless Leg Syndrome?
In many cases, the cause of RLS can be attributed to genetic factors and can be found in families where the onset of symptoms occurs before the age of 40. There are a number of other causes for Restless Leg Syndrome including:
- Venous Insufficiency: Many restless leg sufferers display chronic venous insufficiency, a medical condition where the veins fail to adequately circulate the blood. Because this happens more often in the extremities, failure to restore tissues with oxygen-rich blood and other nutrients can contribute to developing restless leg syndrome.
- Neuropathy: Also known as peripheral neuropathy, this is a condition that causes pain, buzzing, and feelings of discomfort which are difficult to bear. The chronic pain is typically caused by damage to the nerves as a result of diabetes, chemo therapy, injuries, infections, and exposure to certain toxins.
Symptoms Of Restless Leg Syndrome
Many of our patients come to us suffering from various, uncomfortable symptoms of restless leg syndrome. Some of the most common complaints include:
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs
- Aching, throbbing leg pain
- Difficulty standing for long periods
- Swelling in the feet and ankles
- Tired legs
- Ulcers, sores, or wounds that take very long to heal
- Skin darkening or discoloration, especially around the ankles
- Varicose and spider veins
Other factors such as obesity, pregnancy, and lifestyle choices such as smoking and standing for long periods can greatly increase the risk of developing the symptoms above.
Restless Leg Syndrome Treatments
At Atlanta Medical Clinic, we have helped thousands of patients seek relief from restless leg syndrome as a result of neuropathy, venous insufficiency, and numerous other causes. We provide modern, comprehensive treatments that work best for our patients and their families.
If you’re considering treating your restless leg syndrome, discover the benefits of vein therapy available at Atlanta Medical Clinic:
At Atlanta Medical Clinic we offer two minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures for helping our patients achieve relief from restless leg syndrome: ClariVein®IC or Sclerotherapy.
Some of the benefits of receiving a ClariVein®IC or Sclerotherapy vein treatment include:
- Minimally invasive procedure and is performed in our clinic
- Get pain relief from cramps, inflammation and heavy legs
- Get back to your daily activities without discomfort
- Enjoy an overall improvement with your health
- Restore confidence to “bare” your legs again
- Improve the appearance of your legs
Our vein specialists at Atlanta Medical Clinic have improved the quality of life of many patients suffering from painful varicose veins, leg pain, restless legs syndrome or spider veins. If you’re suffering from these symptoms don’t wait!
Call 404.872.8837 to schedule a free consultation with one of our vein specialists so they can help you obtain a pain-free life!
ClariVein®IC is a minimally invasive, new technique for the treatment of varicose veins or spider veins. Using a controlled 360-degree dispersion of physician-specified agents, ClariVein®IC is designed to reduce pain and discomfort, eliminate bruising, speed up recovery and deliver clinically proven results for varicose veins.
Sclerotherapy uses a tiny needle to place a sclerosant solution into the varicose veins. This causes the veins to collapse, close and get absorbed into the body.
Sclerotherapy is done in our clinic and patients can facilitate a quick return to work and regular activities. After the procedure, the treated area is wrapped. Compression stockings can be worn for several days after treatment.