Every year, about half of adults in the United States makes New Year’s Resolutions. However, a very small segment of that population – just 1 in 10 – keeps those resolutions. Especially with something as important as weight loss, you want to succeed. Here are a few steps you can take on your own, as well as how a weight loss clinic can help you lose weight for the new year.
Obesity is not a permanent condition. It is a health condition that can be treated effectively with diet, exercise, and other natural interventions. However, the fact is that very few people succeed in losing weight, and an even smaller number keep off the weight that they drop.
Most of us end our year with promising weight loss resolutions and expectations of making better choices and habits, but so often we fall short. Why is that? Well, we enter the new year, weighed down by the turkey and extra helping of cookies, rationalizing our over-indulgence with the promise that we’d drop those pounds come January 1st. A lot of us fizzle out by the time February rolls around, and we’re left with the weight (literally) of guilt.
It isn’t easy when you are losing weight and suddenly stop seeing progress. It’s frustrating because you are still doing everything you can to eat the right things and get regular exercise, but you are no longer seeing the results.
Although dieting and exercising are extraordinarily popular in the industrialized world, more than half of healthcare professionals don’t know how fat leaves the body when we get rid of unwanted pounds, according to researchers at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia. A shocking number of physicians, nutritionists, and physical trainers thought that during weight loss, fat becomes energy. Of course, people looking to lose weight are not particularly bothered by the exact physical process that takes place to make them skinnier as long they can see good results. If you are looking for an alternative method of losing weight compared to constant dieting and exercising, then why not have a look at somewhere like https://www.ice-aesthetic.co.uk so that you can learn more about cryolipolysis, a process that uses controlled freezing to help patients lose weight.
There are numerous reasons to reduce the amount of sugar we are consuming. A principal incentive for many to minimize sugar intake is weight loss. However, cutting sugar also cuts down on inflammation, which can cause pain and other health disorders. Some scientists believe the risk for cancer and diabetes increases significantly when large amounts of sugar are in a diet.
Specifically regarding weight-loss, everyone knows that sugar – whether from huge amounts of carbs or sweets – can be devastating to one’s dieting efforts. Several simple techniques can help with sugar reduction (1).
10 ways to reduce sugar for weight loss
- Make pasta sauce from scratch. When you order a pizza or prepare pasta with spaghetti sauce from the grocery store, you’re probably adding large amounts of sugar to your meal without realizing it. To make your own, chop up some tomatoes and simmer them with your favorite spices.
- Remove the chocolate dish. Hide chocolates or other candies from yourself. It’s easy to grab one every hour or two if they’re in plain view. Try the “out of sight, out of mind” approach.
- Switch to real fruit. Packaged products containing fruit often include additional sugars. Even juice is usually best replaced with the real, fresh fruit itself.
- Create DIY salad dressing. Salad dressings can be a disappointing trick we play on ourselves. When we eat a salad, we think we’re being healthy, but the dressing can greatly increase fat, salt and sugar. Make it yourself instead.
- Choose plain dairy. Yogurt and milk that have flavorings (such as fruit yogurt or chocolate milk) typically also come with large helpings of sugar. With yogurt, you can always mix your own fruit into the plain variety.
- Create homemade trail mix. Granola often includes a significant amount of sugar. Create your own, and ditch the excessive sweetness (2).
- Cut out cereal. If you are eating processed cereal in the morning, try switching to something else. If you use a restaurant for breakfast, also be aware that even seemingly healthy hot cereals may be loaded with additional sugar.
- Reduce refined grains. Always look for whole grains in bread and pasta, even when ordering out. Unfortunately, refined grains are sometimes the only option. Consider making a switch to restaurants that offer the whole-grain option.
Weight loss isn’t just about reducing sugars. It’s best achieved with a sophisticated approach that targets your health and figure from multiple angles which Atlanta Medical Clinic provides with our Weight Loss Programs. The Atlanta Medical Clinic is your expert guide. Get a free consultation now for real, lasting results.